White Chocolate kinder bueno cupcakes recipe
Soft, Spongey, Nutty little bundles of cake clouds. Made from white chocolate kinder bueno with butter cream and nutella drizzle. This recipe is one of my best yet!
When i started out baking i often stuck to the classic recipes like Victoria Sponge Cake Recipes or classic scone recipes….never going out my comfort zone. Frankly i became a little bored with the same things all the time. I discovered cake mashups while on holiday with my family, this gave me the awesome inspiration and ignited a flame to create different versions of classic recipes with the fusion of my favorite sweetie bars or candy bars.
I often try out my new recipes with friends, family and co-workers and it seems my fusions like lotus biscoff cupcakes are always key favorites….and within minutes they are all gone…so these bakery treats often keep me busy and are in high demand in my house.
These types of recipes are why i’m still a keen baker today. Because they challenge me each time to create a chocolaty masterpiece
The sponge i decided to use for the base is one that i use often. This is because it has the right balance of texture and very very soft. You can use the sponge recipe for cupcakes, cakes and even cake pops…its very versatile. The difference with the sponge to the basic recipe is that i added Nutella. It gives it that unique kinder bueno and ferrero flavor.
For the butter cream i used my white buttercream frosting. I added milk because it makes it fluffy and easy to work with. You can also add in cream or white chocolate if you wish.
Lastly i topped with drizzled Nutella and mounted a white chocolate kinder bueno on the side.
a full list of the ingredients, are in my recipe below. To get you will need the following equipment.
- Hand or stand mixer
- Food Scales
- Two mixing bowls
- Piping bags & nozzels
- Measuring spoons
I hope you enjoy making and of course eating these white chocolate kinder bueno cupcakes recipe
For the Cupcake Sponge
- 95g Plain Flour
- 45g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 medium eggs, room temperature
- 100g granulated sugar
- 100g light brown sugar
- 80ml vegetable oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 120ml milk
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 50g Nutella Spread
For the Butter cream frosting and decoration.
- 340g Salted butter, room temperature
- 600g Icing sugar ( may not need all, depends on the consistence you want)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 Tbsp milk ( may not need all, depends on the consistence you want)
- 2 Tbsp Nutella spread
- 3 Bars of Kinder Bueno or white chocolate Kinder Bueno
- Preheat your oven to gas mark 4/180oc/350°F (177°C).
- Line your cupcake tin with 12 cupcake cases
- Whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until fully combined and ingredients are mixed in well. Then set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, light brown sugar, veg oil, and vanilla until combined.
- Pour 1/4 of the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, then add a little milk. Whisk the mixture gently and repeat the process until the milk, wet and dry ingredients are fully combined. Be careful not to over mix the batter.
- Add the Nutella spread and combine it into the mixture.
- Spoon the completed chocolaty batter into the cases, i prefer doing this with a spoon to get consistently similar heights upon cooking.
- Bake for 20-23 minutes, check that they are ready by piercing a toothpick or skewer into the middle of the cupcake. Set aside to cool. (please note the cakes will deflate a little when cooling, so dont worry)
- Meanwhile cream your butter with a hand or stand mixer, adding in your vanilla.
- Add your icing sugar and milk little by little to achieve the color and texture you want.
- When the cupcakes have cooled, pipe the completed buttercream onto the cakes.
- Finish with Drizzles of Nutella and a Kinder Bueno Plunked into the butter cream