This Raffaello cheesecake recipe is one of the creamiest, lush and scrumptious thing you will ever try. We all love a cheesecake right? normally i stick to fruit based cheesecakes however i wanted to experiment with some different flavors after seeing one online made of Lotus Biscoff.
These types of cakes are perfect for hot summer days or for lazy nights by the TV. Its made from Raffaello, white chocolate, milk chocolate and meringue.
I’ve been egged on to create this for months by my partner and sister in-law who are avid…Raffaello Junkies. Its safe to say that this little beauty didn’t sit in the fridge long enough to grace the pan.
Does cheesecake contain cheese?
Of course! not like a block of cheddar however it contains creamed cheese just like Philadelphia
What is cheesecake or Raffaello cheesecake recipe?
Cheesecake is a combination of cream cheese and or Philadelphia mixed with cream, sugar and gelatin. Some require cooking and some only refrigerated. The taste depends on what you add, however normally its slightly tangy with a very sweet note. My Raffaello version is with cream cheese, raffaello, white chocolate, milk chocolate and meringue. Mixed in together and decorated to make a lush mouth watering cheesecake.
How to get he best outcome?
Mix well, usually with cakes you dont want to over mix however when using cream…just go for it. Using gelatin really firms everything up to, even tho its not my favorite thing to use. My top tip is to ensure you leave things in the fridge for at least 7 hours before removing from your pan.
Equipment you will need to make cheesecake
- Large bowl
- Electric measuring scales
- Hand or Stand mixer
- Measuring spoon
- Knife and chopping board
- 9″ cake pan
- Piping bag and nozzle
Lets get started and make our Raffaello cheesecake recipe
For the cheesecake base
- 200g Nice Biscuits (coconut)
- 40g Butter (melted)
- 750g Philadelphia or similar
- 65g Icing Sugar
- 360g thick cream
- 8 individual Raffaello, chopped up
- 4tsp gelatine dissolved in 4tsp of hot water (dont do this until you are ready to use)
- 8 individual Raffaello, whole
- 8 individual mini meringue, i used M&S pre-made ones
- 3 tsp of white chocolate spread to drizzle, i used Asda own brand
- Milk chocolate shavings to sprinkle
- Crush up your Nice biscuits with a bag and rolling pin. If you have a food processor, you can blitz in this to save time, once crushed add your melted butter.
- In a 9" cake pan, add your crushed biscuit and evenly spread this to cover the base of your pan. Press your biscuit down firmly to lock in place. Place in oven at 180oc/gas mark 4 for 10 minutes. Once baked, chill in fridge until ready to use.
- In a large bowl, add your cream cheese and sugar. Using a spatula, hand or stand mixer combine the ingredients together until smooth and creamy.
- Place your gelatine in the hot water, stir it to cool for around one minute. Add it to your mixture and beat until the mixture becomes thick and fluffy
- Add your cream and 9 Raffaello sweeties, fold these in or use a hand or stand mixer.
- Take your base from the fridge and pour the cream cheese filling over the crust. Use a spatula to ensure the mixture is evenly spread and smooth on-top.
- Add on your 8 Raffaello sweets, 8 meringue anyway you want...be creative!
- With a piping bag and small nozzle, pipe on your white chocolate spread and finish with a garnish of milk chocolate shavings.