i was really….really excited about making these oreo cupcakes. Lets face it oreo is one of the best biscuits out and goes well with so many flavors. I always remember when still a kid watching parent trap and watching them dip oreo in peanut butter…..this is like my thing now.
Oreos really do make the perfect cupcake and this recipe really wont disappoint. I cant think of a time where anyone ever said to me….i dont like oreo cupcakes. Children and adults love these little beauties alike and they dont last long on any party table.
My recipe has One full oreo biscuit in the base of the sponge and one dunked into the buttercream. The sponge is a basic chocolate sponge however i have used peanut butter too in this…TASTY!. The cream is a combination of butter, icing sugar and oreo filling.
To get started you will need the above ingredients. I prefer to get most of my baking ingredients from Aldi. Their pantry range is second to none and very cheap compared to other stores. The other good part to this recipe is that Aldi also do their own version of Oreos – Cookies and cream.
What are oreos?
SAY WHAT!!!! Oreo is a chocolate biscuit with two chocolate biscuit bases. Sandwiched between each biscuit is a super sweet lush filling. Together it makes for one of the best biscuit EVER!
What are Oreo cupcakes?
Oreo cupcakes are a mash up of plain cupcakes with the added touch of oreo. In our recipe we combine the biscuit and cream into our frosting. We add a full biscuit to the bottom of the cupcake…..why not. you can also add peanut butter to the mix…we love it!
Dont like Oreo cupcakes ?
Shame on you! however we do have other cupcake recipes that you may be interested in. Lotus biscoff and kinder bueno cupcakes
What equipment you will need
- Cupcake tin or silicone cake mold
- Cupcake cases
- Baking Tray
- Large bowl
- Measuring spoons
- Electric measuring scales
- Hand or stand mixer
- Piping bag and nozzle
For the cupcake base
- 12 Oreo Biscuits
- 125g Salted Butter
- 125g Caster Sugar
- 100g plain flour
- 1Tbsp Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla essence
- 25g Coco powder
- A little salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 baking soda
For the buttercream
- The cream of 14 Oreo biscuits
- 150g salted butter
- 300g Icing sugar
- 12 full Oreo biscuits for the top
- Preheat your oven to 200 oc or gas mark 6
- Place 12 cupcake cases in your silicone mold or cupcake tin and place 1 full Oreo in each
- in a bowl mix together the butter and caster sugar. Add your egg & milk little by little until fully combined
- Sift your flour, coco powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt into the mixture.
- Fold with a spatula until incorporated (dont over mix)
- Equally spoon the mixture into your cupcake cases and place in the oven for 15-18 mins. Test with a toothpick or skewer to ensure ready.
For the Buttercream
- Add your butter to your hand or stand mixer. Mix until fluffy and smooth.
- Add your icing sugar and beat until smooth.
- Take 14 individual oreo biscuits and twist to access the cream. Using a fork scoop the cream from the center into a bowl.
- Add your oreo cream to the frosting mix and give it another mix.
- Pipe the buttercream onto the cooled cupcakes, sprinkle some oreo biscuit ontop and dunk a single oreo cookie into the topping.
Optional - Add 50g of peanut butter to the buttercream.